In its continued effort to support trade facilitation reforms in developing and least developed countries, UNCTAD will organize the first International Forum for National Trade Facilitation Committees (NTFCs) will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva from 23 to 27 January. The Forum is a joint initiative by the International Trade Centre, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, the World Bank Group, the World Customs Organisation and the World Trade Organisation.
The objective of the Forum is to empower the leaders of National Trade Facilitation and provide opportunities for NTFCs to access funding.
The Forum will cover all aspects of establishing and sustaining National Trade Facilitation, including the sharing of best practices and coaching techniques.
The Forum will also focus on accessing technical assistance for the National Trade Facilitation. It will be an opportunity for participants to hear from donor organizations about what is available and to discuss the challenges faced in identifying and sourcing necessary funding.
The event will also be an opportunity to work with international donors and agencies present to identify possible match-making opportunities.
More specifically, the Forum will discuss:
- Trade facilitation efforts on a regional perspective
- Status of ratification, categorisation and notifications of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement
- How to access technical assistance for the implementation of Trade Facilitation reforms
- How to make an National Trade Facilitation Committees sustainable in time
- Best practices on National Trade Facilitation Committees
- How to draft project proposals for Trade Facilitation reforms
- How to guide your National Trade Facilitation Committees and drafting a national trade facilitation roadmap
- The role of National Trade Facilitation Committees in coordinating, harmonizing and simplifying trade procedures
- Key aspects of consultation
- National Trade Facilitation Committees around the world – main challenges and lessons learned
The meeting is open to members of the National Trade Facilitation Committees from all countries that have been nominated to attend the meeting. Donors, international agencies and regional organisations are also invited to attend.
For further information about the meeting and the NTFC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: ITC Website
Publish Date: Wednesday 18 January 2017